Saturday, May 25, 2013

SNGF - Ancestral Homes 150 Years Ago

It has definitely been awhile! Although I have posted on Google+ and been active in the Guild of One-Name Studies and the Legacy Virtual Users' Group, I am afraid I have let my blogging slide. Well it's time to get back in the saddle and why not start with some of Randy Seaver's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun.

The mission that I accepted (and yes you are hearing the Mission Impossible theme music) was as follows:

1) Determine where your ancestral families were on 1 June 1863 - 150 years ago.
2) List them, their family members, their birth years, and their residence location (as close as possible). Do you have a photograph of their residence from about that time, and does the residence still exist?
3) Tell us all about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a Facebook Status or Google+ Stream post.

Here are my answers for the Norwegian, Swedish & Slovenia side of my family:

My second great-grandparents, Peder Eriksen, Hastajerdet (1833–1913) and Mali Pedersdatter, Rolfengbergene (1835–1881) resided on the Lille Kleven farm in Hegra, Øvre Stjørdal, Nord-Trøndelag, NORWAY. I have mapped the location of their village, and I have a photograph of the farm (Lille Kleven) and it still exists. In 1863 the household included my great grandaunt Mette Pedersdatter (1860–1961) and Elisæus Pedersen (1862–unknown) but my great grandmother Josephine Eriksen (1875–1905) did not arrive on the scene until 1875.

My third great-grandparents, Erik Ivarsen, Medkilplass/Hastagjerdet  (1796–1875) and Marta Zakariasdatter, Berget (1796–1895) resided on the Hastagjerdet farm in Hegra, Øvre Stjørdal, Nord-Trøndelag, NORWAY. I have mapped the location of their village, and I have a photograph of the farm (Hastagjerdet) and it still exists. In 1863, none of their children resided with them (as they were adults and married).

My second great-grandparents Elof Larsson (1833–1922) and Marit Larsdotter (1829–1906) resided on the Ormliden farm in Fastnäs, Norra Ny, Värmlands län, SWEDEN. I have mapped the location of their village, but I do not have a photograph and do not know if the farm still exists. The household included my great grandfather Lars Elofsson (1860–1926) and his two sisters Karin Elofsdotter (1856–1946) and Anna L. Elofsdotter (1863–1942).  

My second great-grandparents Anton Zagradisnik (1839–1918) and Anna Pevec (1840–unknown) resided Nova Stifta, , Slovenia, AUSTRIA. I have mapped the location of their village, but I do not have a photograph and do not know if their home still exists.  My great grandmother Antonia Zagradisnik (1886–1928) did not arrive on the scene until 1886. 

My second great-grandparents, Francis Kocevar (unknown–unknown) and Jenie Prisel (unknown–unknown) resided in Šmartno ob Dreti, Nazarje, Slovenia, AUSTRIA. I have mapped the location of their village, but I do not have a photograph and do not know if their home still exists.  My great grandfather Valentin Kocevar (1874–1955) did not arrive on the scene until 1874.

To check out the Irish side of my family go to my other blog, the Keough Corner.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - just so you know all comments are moderated.